“Pray, give, go.” I heard this phrase over 30 years ago from a local leader of the Navigators when I was a student at Michigan State University. The Navigators are an evangelical group, often found on large secular university campuses. They focus on evangelism, discipleship, and Bible study.
- Pray for workers to share the gospel (God’s great mercy)
- Give to missionaries.
- Go to minister the gospel. (God’s mercy to others).
The same could be said about sowing mercy.
- Pray for the opportunity to sow mercy. (Lord, open my eyes).
- Give to organizations with the mission of sowing mercy (Mel Trotter, Toys for Tots, Salvation Army, etc.)
- Go practice mercy to others, both in thought and action.